Friday, August 7, 2015

Sugar is Sweet Sampler

Yesterday I spent some time working on the Sugar is Sweet Sampler from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.

You may recall that I am totally changing the color schemes on this piece. Here is where I was able to get to yesterday.

I'm doing this piece on 28 Jobelan in Highland Heather from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie using flosses from Mo's Sale. The alphabet specifically is being done in Gelato - I plan on changing nearly all the colors as I go along.

Until next time!
~Katy

9 comments:

  1. I love to see everyone's different designs, often I see designs I would not normally stitch myself, it makes me think about adding different designs to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the change of color for the alphabet and I look forward to seeing the other changes too.

    I'm glad I found your blog since I've found several new to me designers that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's beautiful, Katy! I love the color of the fabric and the colors in the floss. I look forward to seeing your other changes as you make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice changes, the colors are more alive, love the fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing the all the colors you choose for this. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the coloring of the letters! They pop well on the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching your video makes me realise that I have been far too timid about following the charts and thread suggestions etc. I love your use of really bold colours and your thread changes. I feel inspired to start my own adventures. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete