Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for...


Cora, also known as the Miller's Daughter from the Rumplestiltskin fairy tale or the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland!

She also happens to be the mother of the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. Talk about a complicated (and evil!) family tree!

Cora is an example of my switching out the recommended french knots for her earrings and tiara for Mill Hill glass beads instead. A queen needs her bling!

If you've missed my previous posts, feel free to check them out at:
A is for...
B is for...

Until next time!
~Katy

15 comments:

  1. I do love "Once Upon A Time" although I am a little behind (coming for England we don't always get your shows at the same time) but I've loved the way Cora has developed over the two series I've seen. Really looking forward to keeping up with your posting throughout the Challenge :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about the Miller's daughter stuff! Look at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You went into far more detail about her relationships though!

      Delete
  3. you are so creative! i'm loving all your intricate, beautiful stitching! how do you do it?
    happy c day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You just have to take it one stitch at a time!

      Delete
  4. She looks great with the bling.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Yeah she does have a weird family tree. I followed it though. Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beads look really effective :) I often switch out beads for french knots too (even though I'm the one who said to use beads in the first place...), I didn't on this project though - I didn't have the colours I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that would be one family to avoid lol. Great stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stitching! You're just zipping through these :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Informative post, never knew there's a lot of characters with that name;) great stitching!

    ReplyDelete