Monday, February 2, 2015

Italian Vista

Well, my insomnia from Saturday night (more like super early Sunday morning) definitely caught up with me on Sunday with a massive migraine and exhaustion. I slept most of the day yesterday until it was time to get ready for the game. We had a party with my mom's side of the family and we had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the halftime show (I'm a Katy Perry fan), but the commercials disappointed me this year generally, which is really what I watch the Super Bowl for.

I wasn't able to do much stitching until we got home from the party, but I did put some time in on Italian Vista.


The nice thing is that I focused primarily on the water/reflection portion on the bottom half and that was mostly half stitches, which meant there was a lot more progress than there may have been with full crosses.I love the effect when you look at the piece from a distance like this. It really does look like there is a reflection growing in the water! I've already talked about how much I love Italy - this piece totally fits into that overall theme, clearly!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. Those migraine headaches do take so much out of you. LOVE your Italian Villa!
    My fav commercial was Jurassic World trailer!!! Yes I sure enjoyed Katy Perry's show during half time. It was great.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched the first half of the game and thought the commercials were horrible. The only one I liked was the puppy from the beer ad.
    Nice progress on Italian Vista. I so love this design and wish it was in my stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! Sorry you had insomnia though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching, Katie! I love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the commercials they seemed really lame this year. Great progress on your stitching. Love the water look.

    ReplyDelete