Monday, January 5, 2015

WIPocalypse 2015 - January Update

Hi everyone! Welcome to the first update for the WIPocalypse for 2015! It's not too late to join in - just visit Measi to sign up!

For January, we are supposed to introduce ourselves, our projects, and outline our goals for the year, so here goes! My name is Katy, I am 34 years old and live in the Dallas, Texas area. I have been married for 12 years to my college sweetheart, P (we'll have been together for 17 years this February), and I have two kiddos. T is my sweet daughter and is 8 years old. She's tried stitching a few times and I have a feeling one of these days the bug is really going to hit her bigtime. I was about 10 when I started stitching, so she's got time! D is my wild, crazy and wonderful son and he is 4 years old. Both of my kids are the lights of my life, I love them dearly! When I'm not stitching, I love to read, write, spend time with the family, lose hours on Pinterest and Facebook, and binge watch Doctor Who and Sherlock! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you this year! I will say in advance that I love comments and commenting on other blogs, but I'm horrible at responding to comments made on my blog, so don't be upset if I don't get back to you!

Now, the projects...there are a lot, and this will be a picture heavy post (even if all the pics aren't the best). You've been warned! The full list of all of my projects for the WIPocalypse are included in my WIP list on the side. After a few other minor goals are taken care of (see my goals from yesterday), I'll be doing a daily rotation on all of these projects, so you will likely see any number of them in a given month!

1. All About Noah - This is an old Dimensions kit that I started waaaaaaaaaaay back in college that I just found again, still with all the pieces! I probably stopped working on this shortly after I got engaged (in 2001) to work on all of the projects I gave as bridesmaids gifts! It is, by far, my oldest UFO, but really there isn't much left to go!


2. American Flag Quilt Sampler by Rosewood Manor - I have seen this done by so many other bloggers and I absolutely love it, it's just one of those pieces I can only work on in short bursts, so the rotation will work well!

3. Angel of Compassion by Selina Fenech (Heaven and Earth Designs) - This is a BAP (Big A** Project) I started as part of a Crazy January Challenge a few years ago. There are three other angels in this set, too! Doesn't look like much, but trust me, with a project like this, any progress is progress!

4. Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love by Thomas Kinkade - This is a kit my daughter fell in love with, and seeing as we're both Disney fans and Belle is my favorite princess, how could I refuse?

5. Butterfly Fairy by Joan Elliott - It's hardly a start, and I haven't worked on it since the CJC a few years ago, but I love Joan Elliott's fairies and hope to have many of them stitched up one day!

6. Butterfly Rose Cross by Brigid Ashwood (HAED) - Another BAP! I'll be happy for any sort of progress on this one this year!

7. Christmas Countdown - A Dimensions Advent Calendar kit that I've been working on off and on for years now. I have the ornaments for it all stitched up, it's the calendar portion I'm working on now!


8. Dreaming of Tuscany - This will be a new start this year and is a kit by Dimensions. No pictures yet!

9. European Bistro - Another Dimensions kit (I tend to stick with them for kits) that reminds me of the bistros we visited throughout Europe

10. Fall Fairy - Another one of those Dimensions kits I've honestly barely started.

11. Flames of Desire by Lee Ann Seed (HAED) - This is a beautiful firey fairy BAP I'm excited to get back to!

12. Italia Vista - I love love LOVE this Dimensions kit. It makes me want to go back to Italy!

13. Mediterranean Flavors - I'm noticing a theme with my Dimensions kits...ha! This is a cute little project I plan on hanging in my kitchen when it's done.

14. Once Upon A Time Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - This is the project currently in my hoop. I don't have a great current full sized picture of the complete project right now, I take those pictures when I finish each month. I've got this full sized picture from when I finished June's block, and I'm currently working on July!


15. Rapunzel by Joan Elliott - Along with her fairies, I love her princess trio and have Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty both on my wish list!

16. Skater's Village Tree Skirt - I have been searching for this Dimensions kit since I finished my son's Christmas stocking four years ago as it goes with the theme of all four of our stockings. I paid WAY TOO MUCH for this kit, but I'm so excited to start it!

17. St. Peter's by John Clayton International - Barely started, but this is one of my absolute favorite places in Rome and I can't wait to see it come to life!

18. Stitching ABC's - I couldn't resist this kit by Design Works! It will hang in my craft room when it's done someday!

19. Story Time Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - This is a year long SAL that starts on January 15th. No picture yet, but I'll share when I have one!

20. Sweet Pea Fairy by Joan Elliott - Another for my fairy collection!

21. The Little Mermaid by Thomas Kinkade - This will be the last of my new starts in 2015 (for now!), so pictures will come soon!

22. Tuscan Greetings - This cute Dimensions kit will hang by our front door when it's done!

23. Wedding Sampler by Carolyn Manning - Carolyn personally designed this as a wedding gift for me and my husband 12 years ago when she and I became friends at a writing site we were both a part of! I love it, and am determined to finish it!

Whew, think that's enough to work on this year? Goals? To make progress and have fun!

I'll be swinging by the other WIPocalypse blogs tonight to see everyone else's projects too! Can't wait until the kiddos are in bed!

Until next time!
~Katy

16 comments:

  1. Wow Katy. Very impressive. I absolutely love all of them. I would love to get Italian Vista and European Bistro.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wips. Can't wait to see them grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list! How very special that you have a piece that was personally designed just for you.

    I am looking forward to watching your progress this year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of beautiful projects. Can't wait to watch the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive list of beautyful projects! I'm looking forword to your progress!
    Keep on stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of gorgeous projects there! I love Joan Elliott designs so can't wait to see those progress. How lucky to have Carolyn design a wedding sampler for you! I love her designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely projects! I look forward to watching your progress through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your starts, they make me want to go back to my Dimensions UFO, a long forgotten kit called Kitty Litter :)
    now that i think about it, I have a few of those Dimensions kits in my stash, I wonder if Tuscany Greetings is one of them - it might be!
    I can't wait to see more of the Disney piece too, it must be so sweet for you to have a stitching buddy that is also your daughter! how lovely!
    I recognised your OUAT from the fabric and colours you used: I've seen it before in the FB Group, and how lovely it is! it really looks like fairyland!
    oh and we'll be sharing interests again every soon: I ordered the Doctor Who box set (seasons 1-4) last week and when I'm done with them, I'll get a few specials, more seasons of course, and Sherlock 1-3! :D
    happy xxx, chiara

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have lots of wonderful projects there...some are on my want to do in the future list too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects to work on this year. I look forward to seeing your progress each month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful list of WIPs! Good luck with them all. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the American Flag Quilt Sampler on my list to, I've not started it yet, but most likely will this weekend. Love your starts.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your projects! I also love big projects. I will keep checking your blog to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen the American Flag Quilt sampler, that looks like it will be absolutely stunning. All of your projects will be fun to watch come alive. And all those BAPs! G'luck with all your goals~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely projects, good luck for the year!

    ReplyDelete