Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grow Your Blog 2015


I am so excited to be participating in the Grow Your Blog 2015 event hosted by 2 Bags Full! If this is your first time to visit my blog, welcome! If you've been here before, welcome back!

For those of you who don't know me (or who might have forgotten!), my name is Katy and I'm an avid cross stitcher! I am 34 years old, married to my college sweetheart P for 12 years, and we have two kids, daughter T who is 8 and son D who is 4. I'm a Texan, born and raised, though I really don't have an accent. I've been cross stitching since I was a kid - one of my aunts taught me how after I fell in love with the cross stitched stockings she made for her family and I've been stitching off and on over the years ever since!

I love blogging about my stitching and sharing my progress. It's wonderful to have a community out there who appreciates what an art this actually is and who share the passion for it that I have. I love visiting other blogs and seeing everyone's progress, too. I've been so inspired by so many different posters over the years!

You could say my stitching style is eclectic. I am not a huge fan of primitive/old fashion patterns and prefer bright colors and beads and shapes and details, but almost anything that catches my eye is fair game! I have well over twenty WIP's that I'm working on in a rotation right now, and I find that it is wonderful to have so many projects going on because I don't get bored just working on one piece. Some pieces I admittedly like more than others, but I'm determined to finish every one of them!

My greatest accomplishment in stitching has to be the stockings I made for all four of us. Mine and my husband's stockings were finished in time for our second Christmas together, and each of the kids had their stockings ready in time for their first Christmases:


I can't wait to visit more blogs and find other people out there passionate about stitching like me! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope to see you again soon!

Until next time!
~Katy

25 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, I'm visiting on behalf of Vicki of http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.co.uk/ and want to say thanks for joining the party! Those cross stitch stockings are seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katy! I Found your blog via GYB Party. Awesome stockings! I've become a follower and look forward to following your stitching adventures. Hope you can pop over to take a peek at mine WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com.
    Best wishes for many hours of beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the stockings. I would love to stitch stockings for our family. Just need to find the right ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy,
    Welcome to Grow Your Blog party. Love all the stitched up stockings.. they are really pretty.Hope you'll made some new friends and have new followers in the weeks to come. Big Hugs from Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy, visiting via GYB, pleased to meet you. Your Christmas stockings are really impressive, a whole lot of stitches went into them! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning stockings Katy. Something to very proud of.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy! Visiting via GYB and loving your beautiful work! I would LOVE to made these cross stitched Christmas stockings for my family...yours are beautiful and I now,have them on my bucket list! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to stitch and quilt. I do small cross stitch projects mostly for now. Sadly my arthritic hands think an hour or two of stitching per day is enough. But I refuse to stop completely. I just take time off and do other things, like letting my sewing machine do the work on quilts... LOL. I am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy, what beautiful stockings you've stitched - truly amazing. I'll be back for a more indepth look around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NIce intro. I read your blog via the GYB. Mine is on the list as well.
    JHM
    http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wandering over from the GYB Party page...I missed the sign-ups, but I'm still trying to visit some new people!! Your stockings are lovely, and saw all the stash you "inherited" in the post below - I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice stockings! I love to cross stitch too.
    Thanks,
    Peggy
    peggy_verdongibbs@att.net
    World of Charity Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice stitching, I'm now a follower hope you can go to my blog crossstitchangel@Blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stopped by through Grow Your Blog. I am now a new follower to your blog. Beautiful cross stitched Christmas stockings. You can visit my blog at http://ColourfulCross Stitches.blogpspot.ca . Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Kathy! Lovely meeting you. I am also a passionate cross stitcher. Looking forward to read from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this has been fun - finding so many other stitcher - new follower - will come back again soon

    http://suefitz-fitzsstithing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am enjoying your blog! Those stockings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You need a galley on the site, so your wonderful projects can be seen. Also follow buttons to bloglovin and others would help. New follower, i'm a cross-stitcher and quilter. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work, Katy!

    You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those stockings!! You did a great job on them:) I am visiting from www.withworkinhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just popping in to say hi from the blog party! I love those stockings! Looking forward to reading more at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Following from GYB...stockings are gorgous. I always intended to do the same for my family...just never got it together! But now, I intend to make crazy quilt stockings for my grand kids...hopefully I can make that happen!
    Cheri, the quilting nanny
    quiltingnanny(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Katy,
    Nice to meet you via the blog party. Your stitching is beautiful. I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those stockings are wonderful! I simply can't imagine how many stitches went into each one - definitely a labour of love! Thank you for inviting us to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your work is wonderful! I love x-stitching, among other crafts and needlework. My Mom was an avid crafter and I inheirted all her crafty stuff, along with unfinished x-stitching. I have my hands full trying to finish up what she started. :)

    ReplyDelete