Monday, January 26, 2015

Butterfly Weekend

Welcome to all of my new followers from the Grow Your Blog party! I'm going to be returning the visits little by little every day - there are over 400 blogs to go through after all! But I'm so glad everyone is here!

This past weekend I'm calling Butterfly Weekend since I worked on my two butterfly themed pieces. Granted, you can't see anything remotely looking like a butterfly in either piece yet, but it will come!

On Saturday, I worked on my Butterfly Fairy from Joan Elliott.


This picture does not do the gorgeous fabric I'm using justice. I'm using 28-count Jobelan in Lady of the Lake from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie and it's absolutely gorgeous in it's blues and purples. But I'm definitely happy that I have more than a yellow blob done on this piece. Not much more, but more!

Sunday had me working on my second HAED in my collection, Butterfly Rose Cross. This first page is all blue background. Lots and lots and lots of different shades of blue background.


Again, doesn't look like much yet, but I'm going to keep plugging away at it!

Until next time!
~Katy

5 comments:

  1. The yellow looks stunning on that fabric. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. :o) I am looking forward to watching the progress on your butterfly fairy.

    I think stitching all that blue background would make my eyes cross. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice starts. Love the fabrci on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely projects you worked on this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 great pieces. Only stitchers can appreciate other stitchers blobs of stitching haha. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete