Monday, April 28, 2014

New Start

So I worked for a few days on American Flag Quilt Sampler, and while I love this piece and adore seeing other people's progression on it, it seems to be one of those pieces I'm only able to do in short spurts for some reason. This is especially true when the urge for a new start strikes! So here is where American Quilt Sampler was left when I put it away for now:

The next installment of the Once Upon A Time Sampler is due out in a few days, but in the meantime, I gave into my urge for a new start with another Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery creation, this time selecting there Halloween Spooky Sampler! This is what the example looks like:

Of course, I had to make some substitutions, and here is my floss toss for the piece:

The fabric I am using is 32 count Jobelan in Bewitched from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie, and except for black and white, the flosses are all from Mo's Sale. This time around, I am using Darkness, Brownie (silk), Waterlily (silk), Rose (silk), Candy Corn, Sun, Flesh, Golden Sun (silk), Leak (silk), Grassy (silk), Mona (silk), Eggplant (silk) and Regina (silk). It's becoming a habit with pieces from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery to make these substitutions - it just seems like they make pieces that are much easier to make substitutions for!

I did make a little bit of a start yesterday. It's not much, but it's a beginning!

Until next time!
~Katy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! The new start looks great - it's such a cute design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty fabric you have picked out for the Halloween Spooky Sampler! Can't wait to see how it looks. Your American Flags is coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooo such stunning fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the American Flags on my wish list. I've had the pattern forever and got the material about 3 years ago. I just need to find the time to start it :) Can't wait to see your progress on your Spooky Halloween too, love the fabric!! Great starts, so jealous, I might have to start something new too.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete