Friday, February 14, 2014

Once Upon A Time - January Square

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with love of friends and family!

I made good progress on the January block this week. I've got a busy weekend ahead of me so I'm not sure how much progress I'm going to make on it this weekend, but we will see! Here is the January block, whose theme is Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, as of today:


I'm loving how this is turning out so far! Because I am stitching this from my stash, I made a decision that except for black, white and skin colors I will try to use all my threads exclusively from my massive collection from Mo's Sale but to try to keep the threads I use as close to the chosen colors in the pattern as possible. I'm very happy with the result so far. Including the border, I have used thirteen unique hand dyed floss colors from Mo's selection and I'm just very pleased! The colors I have used up to this point include:

Marine
Plum
Wonderland (perfect floss name for this pattern!)
Tin
Terracotta
Silver
Danube
Leaf
Candy Corn
Daiquiri
Darker Purple
Treetop
Ron Burgundy

There are more colors to be used in this block, and I already have plans to use one of Mo's silk colors for the hair of the princess in the February block when I get to it. I've been very pleased with all of her flosses up to this point and can't wait to use more!

And can I just say that I'm so glad I used the Sunset fabric from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie? I'm loving it more and more as the piece comes to life on it!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Your sampler is looking wonderful and well done on just using threads from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's looking so sweet! Great January block :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress! You are almost finished with the first month and I'm sure you will get caught up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I have seen this one on a few blogs now and it looks like it will be great fun to stitch. xx

    ReplyDelete