Sunday, November 4, 2012

Have A Cup of Tea

Today, I started the new rotation week by picking up May Lily of the Valley Teacup for my most recent World of Charity Stitching contribution - the Tea Cup Quilt! I'm going to be alternating this piece back and forth every other week until it's done since the cups are supposed to be turned in by December 15th.

As a reminder, here is where we were as of the end of the last rotation:
May Lily of the Valley Tea Cup - Start of Rotation Week - Last Touched 10/20/12
And here is where we are today after a couple of hours:
As of 11/4/12
The cup and saucer are finally taking shape! I have to say, I love the blue shades so far in the cup, they're so pretty, the picture hardly does it justice! There is a lot of space but not too many colors left in the cup and saucer, and then I'd move onto the backstitching. Maybe if I'm lucky and I have time, I'll finish this piece this week! I can certainly try, anyway!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. Your teacup is certainly taking shape now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little teacup! Very pretty design...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think you just may finish it this week. Fingers crossed. Love Lily of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going great so far, I think you may very well get it done this week at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming along very nicely! I'm just starting the cup on mine- snowdrops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on the teacup. It will really pretty when done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely progress, I'd say you'll be done this week too.

    ReplyDelete