Sunday, October 28, 2012

March of the Penguins

Today I was able to put my first stitches into my traveling pattern, Tribal Penguin by White Willow Stitching:
Tribal Penguin - New Start 10/28/12
You can't tell how pretty the blue fabric is with the black on top of it in this picture, but trust me, it's truly lovely in person...like I'm creating a penguin floating on ice...

Because of work and family obligations, I wasn't able to do as much as I would like today, but I hope to make up for it this week! I'm very excited about this piece because I have been collecting penguins ever since my husband and I first started dating - it was an inside joke of ours regarding a comment made about him looking like a penguin when he wore a tux to bring my to my high school senior prom...yes, we've been together since I was 17 and he was 18...we celebrated 14 years together this past February and 10 years of marriage this past June! I have various penguins around my house, in paintings, in figurines, in Christmas ornaments, but this is my first cross stitch piece. I already think I know where I'm going to put it when I'm done, but we'll see!

I will also be sending this pattern on to another lucky recipient when I'm done with it, so keep an eye out for more information and this just may come to you next!

Until next time!
~Katy

9 comments:

  1. Your of to a great start. I like the little fish hidden there as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing your progress on the Penguin. My grandson is also a penguin addict so I have lots to stitch for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penguins are fun to stitch and these tribal patterns are a great modern take on them aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have the most memorable memories as you have grown with your husband. Hats off to you, to have put in what is needed to survive in a relationship that spands almost two decades

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you will have a Penguin cross stitch to go with your penguin collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new start. I bet it will look great with your penguin collection.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always nice to stitch something with a special meaning :) I look forward to seeing your progress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful new start =) Looking forward to see more of it =)

    ReplyDelete