Thursday, July 19, 2012

July TUSAL

So one of the common posts I started seeing on lots of blogs I was visiting was something that everyone called TUSAL...I must admit, I was completely confused. I saw pictures of different containers holding scraps of thread, and though I'm not as seasoned a stitcher as many out there, I thought surely I should know what a TUSAL is. I looked it up on Google, tried to find out what it was, and just kept finding picture after picture, with all of them called TUSAL...

And then..I found it! I found the Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long hosted by Daffycat...TUSAL! It all made sense! And I immediately joined in! Now, admittedly, before I found TUSAL, I always threw away my scraps of thread when I couldn't use them anymore...but after surfing lots of blogs, I found some truly beautiful collections of thread and realized that this could be a constantly growing piece of art in it's own right!


I think I will use this post to compare progress in a month's time frame, both on my TUSAL and whatever WIP I've got going on. This month, I've primarily focused on Italian Vista. Here is where I stand at this point:

As of July 19, 2012

And here is my TUSAL..And since I've only started really stitching again in the past couple of weeks, I don't have much to show...but it's a start!

July 2012 TUSAL
 Now, time to go stitch some more and add some more ORT's to the jar, and perhaps surf some blogs to see other TUSAL's a well!

Keep on stitching!
~Katy

2 comments:

  1. Your wip is looking lovely.
    Great start for your TUSAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Totally Useless Stitch A Long! So glad to have you...you've got a great start already!

    ReplyDelete